Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Introductory Post

Everybody seems to want one of these, so here is my introductory post. I'm a finance/international busines student in NYU with great interest in ancient history, particularly military. I always was interested in wars of blood and steel and my first WoW class was a warrior. Eventually I fell in love with holy paladins, and even though I tried other things including hunter, shaman and priest, I would always end up coming back to paladins. I have leveled one dwarf paladin to 40, human paladin to 60 in vanilla. In BC i rerolled blood elf paladin because my girlfriend wanted to be BE (lolgurls). I've been playing holy on that character since his creation, 60 days played of nonstop healadinning. Something about healing has always clicked in with me. My first inspiration came while watching videos back in vanilla titled "battle medic" by a paladin who's name escapes me by now, but I've always healed as holy. I tried holy priest, and somehow the mechanics did not go well with me, I simply love the playstyle of slow big heals, since they allow me to look around and experience the fights and feel rawr.

However, with the WotLK coming out, protadins (which is what my gf played) lost their touch and special feel, so we've decided to try and have her play warrior instead. Being a girl, she wanted to be pretty (lolgurls) so we decided going human (i refuse to be a squid).

So now we're leveling holydin and prot paladin, which is a new experience to both of us, since so much has changed since we levelled dual paladin back in summer '07. New talents, new mechanics, new spells, refined dungeon loot and reworked healing->spellpower and speeded up 20-60 questing all are factors that we are interested in experiencing. (Not to mention that leveling holy is a completely different animal than it was 4 months ago, with blessing of light being built into holy light and the excellent glyphs that we get.)

So here is a preview of the characters
Toulouse-Human Prot Warrior
Profs-Blacksmithing, Mining

Amiens-Human Holy Paladin
Profs-Jewelcrafting,Enchanting

So far leveling is really interesting. The changes to judgements are great, its a noticeable difference having a strong judgement of light this early in the game. Also, the wotlk talents+spells went live when we were around level 12, its incredible how there was a noticeable change in Toulouse's aoe tanking ease. Before we'd have trouble with 3 mobs, only doable if she would tabsunder very fast. Now, you just charge in and thunderclap spam and you're good to go.
Exciting times.

No comments: